The Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children expands pediatric care for the families of our community. The eight-story building offers pediatric services such as:
- Full-service, 33-bed Children’s Emergency Department with emergency services
- Polk County’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with 30 beds
- 16-bed Pediatric Unit, featuring space for parents to stay overnight
- 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for children and adolescents who need critical medical care
- Nemours Children’s Health System Pediatric Specialty Clinics
- BRAVE Program to help patients who have autism spectrum disorder, sensory processing disorder and any pervasive developmental disorders.
Check out a virtual tour of our new facilities.
Amenities offered in the Pavilion Pediatric areas include:
- Private patient rooms with family areas for sleep and private bathrooms
- In-room movies
- Adjoining rooms for those times when parents may have two children admitted
- Pediatric playroom with activities, music, and safe play zones
- Child-friendly music in playroom and hallways
- LED room lighting system that allows patients to choose their own custom color
- Family nourishment rooms in the visitor space for families to wash clothes if needed