Due to COVID-19 restrictions personal tours are available on a limited basis. To learn more and schedule please click here.
The Carol Jenkins Barnett Pavilion for Women and Children is a special healthcare destination providing compassionate and safe care during life’s most important moments.
The Pavilion is designed to deliver clinical excellence and family-centered care for children and women of all ages, using best practices and state-of-the-art technology while offering privacy, comfort and elegance that redefines personalized care. Our Level III NICU allows us to provide treatment for babies born weighing less than 1,000 grams and for those who are more critically ill.
If you are beginning your journey as parents-to-be, we’d love to share our state-of-the-art Pavilion with you. We have created an inspiring and educational tour for pregnant women and their partners. One of our Women’s Services nurses will give you a peek at our rooms and services and can answer your questions.
The eight-story building is home to:
- Full-service, 33-bed Children’s Emergency Department with emergency services
- 17 private suites for labor, delivery, recovery and high-risk antepartum
- 4 C-section surgery suites
- Polk County’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, with 30 private NICU rooms
- 32-bed Mother-Baby Unit, designed to allow women, their husband or support person and their newborns to comfortably room together
- 30-bed Pediatric floor, including 12-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, featuring space for family members who need to stay overnight
- Two additional 32-bed patient care units for antepartum, mother/baby, women’s surgery and medical/surgical patient needs.
- Nemours Children’s Health System Pediatric Specialty Clinics
- Pediatric Surgery Department with 3 pediatric surgery suites, a 10-bed post-anesthesia care unit and a 17-bed pre/post-operative unit
- Outpatient obstetrics and gynecology clinic, staffed by Board-certified obstetricians and specially trained fetal maternal physicians
- Leading-edge technology for prenatal testing and fetal diagnosis by a team of specialists right here in our community, offering hope for women experiencing problems with pregnancy or childbirth, in consultation with area obstetrician/gynecologists to help ensure healthy outcomes for families
- State-of-the-art auditorium for community outreach
- On-site cafeteria, intimate chapel area and gift shop