The mission of the Florida Southern College/Lakeland Regional Health Medical Laboratory Science degree program is to empower students to attain the necessary knowledge and skills to successfully practice in the dynamic field of laboratory science. We believe that by promoting wellness, education and discovery, our graduates will have a positive impact on society and help to deliver the best outcomes and safest care to the surrounding community.
The goals of the Medical Laboratory Science program are:
- To empower our students to gain the necessary education to be part of a high performance laboratory team that provides timely and accurate laboratory results for the purpose of diagnosing and treating disease and maintaining health
- To instill the importance of quality assurance and quality improvement in all aspects of laboratory performance
- To build and sustain a courteous and professional working environment for students, patients, and all members of the healthcare team
- To grow the profession of medical laboratory science through the provision of highly skilled and dedicated professionals
- To encourage students to be lifelong learners as they seek to maintain professional competence and continuing education for career growth
- To teach and promote ethical behavior and to provide the building blocks for future leadership endeavors