Open from 11 am to 11 pm, seven days a week, Lakeland Regional Health’s Fast Track is an extension of its emergency services. It offers the same convenient and efficient care, but for patients with non-critical injuries and illnesses.
Lakeland Regional Health’s Fast Track is express emergency care for those experiencing:
- Upper respiratory infections; i.e., sore throat, cough
- Minor abrasions and contusions
- Conjunctivitis, corneal abrasion, foreign body in the eye, chemical irritation
- Earaches and toothaches
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea without signs of dehydration
- Skin rashes and allergic reactions without signs of systemic symptoms
- Simple lacerations
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections
- Back pain without fever or obvious neurological deficit
- Non-poisonous snake and spider bites
- Minor burns
- Wound infections
The innovative, redesigned Fast Track has a vertical treatment area for patients who, upon receiving their medical assessments, do not require bedside care. Rather, they are comfortable sitting upright as they wait for and receive test results. The vertical treatment room is equipped with reclining chairs and a television for added patient comfort.